Every stage of a woman's life necessitates the maintenance of a healthy diet, but trying to conceive a child is particularly crucial. In order to become pregnant more quickly, maintaining a healthy lifestyle comes first. Yes, a healthy diet that includes foods that increase fertility can help you become pregnant faster!
Fortunately, some natural approaches, such as dietary and lifestyle changes, could increase female fertility. Men and women must keep a healthy weight to prepare for pregnancy and improve fertility. As far as diet is concerned, women are advised to pick superfoods to give the baby a secure and nurturing environment. These staples that boost nutrition and are known for being nutritionally dense for optimum health are known as superfoods.
Unlike other factors like age, stress, the environment, and exposure to chemicals in food and the air, your diet is something you can control. Let's look at some superfoods for fertility that will facilitate conception.
Walnuts are one of the best foods for women who are trying to conceive because they are high in fiber, and contain Omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium, which work to increase blood flow to the uterus and progesterone levels in the body.
The antioxidant content of walnuts is also extraordinarily high. Free radicals can harm the eggs, but antioxidants fight them.
Increase the number of beans and lentils in your diet, such as rajma and the different dals that we eat every day. In order to maintain a healthy hormonal balance, fiber and folate—both of which are abundant in beans and lentils—must be consumed.
A healthy ovulation can be aided by the high protein content of lentils and beans. Plant protein reduces the risk of infertility caused by anovulation by 50%, according to studies, and is better for fertility than animal protein.
Lentils are beneficial foods to promote ovulation. (Anovulation is the absence or lack of ovulation, which is when the egg is released.). Additionally, lentils have high concentrations of polyamine spermidine, which aids in the sperm's ability to fertilize the egg.
3. Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
Broccoli, fenugreek, cabbage, and spinach, are just a few of the vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and important vitamins A, C, E, and K.
These leafy greens, which are vital for conception, are a rich source of the essential B vitamin Folate, which is essential for DNA replication in the egg and sperm.
4. Egg Yolks
It deserves a special mention on the list of foods that promote conception. Not only is vitamin B12 abundant in yolks, but they are also enriched with a variety of minerals, such as iron, calcium, zinc, folate, and many others.
Additionally, it contains a number of vitamins, such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K2, all of which promote physical wellness and increases both male and female fertility.
Omega-3 fatty acids, DHA, EPA, and other important nutrients are abundant in free-range organic eggs. Each one of them effectively supports fertility.
Even pineapples are high in Vitamin C, which is high in antioxidants and lowers the likelihood of free radical damage to the body, just like the majority of citrus fruits. Consuming fruits high in vitamin C is also advantageous for women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), a major cause of infertility.
Consuming a diet high in anti-inflammatory foods, such as pineapple, can help address the problem of decreased fertility because inflammation frequently affects both male and female fertility. In the body, inflammatory markers are decreased by the active enzyme in pineapples called bromelain.
Is water consumption important?
To improve the quality of cervical fluid, drinking water will detoxify your body and boost your fertility. To stay hydrated, consume 10–12 glasses of water at the very least. Water supports hormone transport, lubricates and cushions all body tissues and organs, and may even help follicles grow. For men, dehydration can lower sperm quality and semen volume, and for women, it can lower cervical mucus and egg quality.
Quick suggestions for boosting fertility naturally
- Particularly for infertile men, taking an antioxidant supplement or eating foods high in antioxidants can increase fertility rates.
- According to some studies, increasing your breakfast caloric intake and decreasing it at dinner may increase your chances of becoming pregnant.
- Avoid foods high in trans fats to increase fertility levels. Consume extra virgin olive oil and other foods high in healthy fats instead.
- An excessive intake of refined carbohydrates may cause insulin levels to rise, which could increase the risk of infertility and make it more difficult to become pregnant.
- It may increase female fertility if people consume more protein from plant sources as opposed to animal sources.
- You may be able to improve your fertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant by substituting high-fat dairy products for low-fat ones.
- If your diet isn't providing you with all the nutrients you need, taking a multivitamin may help improve your fertility.
- Sedentary behavior is associated with infertility, and physical activity can increase fertility. But excessive exercise can have the opposite effect.
- Your chances of getting pregnant may be lowered by high stress and anxiety levels. You can improve your chances of getting pregnant by managing your stress.
- Your chances of getting pregnant can be lowered if you are underweight or overweight.
Both men's and women's fertility is greatly enhanced by a proper, healthy diet. For a healthy, natural conception, it's essential to pay attention to your diet and lifestyle. Every person's body and reproductive health are unique, making the process of becoming pregnant very subjective. For a thorough understanding of what's best for you and your body, combine altering your eating habits and lifestyle choices with timely medical advice from your doctor.
Jayti Shah is a Clinical Nutritionist with a master's degree in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics. She is a member of the Indian Dietetic Association (IDA). Over the last 9 years, she has helped 400 clients in their clinical and weight loss journeys. She works with SocialBoat as a nutrition consultant.
At SocialBoat, we offer custom diet plans and guided workouts to help you achieve your goals in a 360-degree approach. Our gamified experience ensures that you don’t find workouts boring and we reward you for being consistent with your efforts.