SocialBoat’s fitness challenges won’t be fun and of value, unless you participate, share workouts with the community and ask health/fitness queries from your coach. Given below are simple steps to engage in your coaches’ community.
- Introduce yourself / Ask questions
To write a post in your community, follow the following steps-
- As soon as you go on the page of your community, the link to which will be shared with you through a WhatsApp text message and an email, you will see an option to “write post” as shown in the first picture above.
- After clicking on this, write the text in the text box that appears. You can also add pictures, videos, and other media that you want.
- Once the text and media are added, click on the post button and you are all done!
- Clap/Comment to Encourage Others
The community is the most important feature of a fitness challenge that is responsible for making it a success. Hence, to receive continuous motivation from your community members, you must also give them motivation by clapping for them. Just follow these simple steps-
- When you come across posts of other people from your community, show them your support, and appreciate their effort by clicking on the clap emoji right under the post. Yes, it is that easy.
- As an additional act of appreciation, you can also comment on their posts using text or GIFs by clicking on “check-in.”
- Share and Track Your Progress
All throughout the challenge, you must keep checking your progress so far to determine how much more work you will have to put in to win. Plus, share your progress with your community! Given below is how can do that-
- On the community homepage, right below the links to the coach’s social media handles, is an option that says “progress” (see picture above). By clicking on that, you will reach a detailed summary of all your work so far.
- From here, you can share your achievements for the world to see.
- Connect Your Wearables/Phone
- You can connect your wearable/phone to Google Fit at first and then connect your handset to Google Fit here for automatically tracking your calories. Just find the option of “Connect your wearables” on your community page.
- Those who don't have any wearable can connect to Google Fit directly and your data will be tracked automatically.
- Users with Fitbit & Garmin smartwatches can directly click on their respective options to sync their watches.
We hope this step-by-step guide will help you in engaging with your community, and we wish you all the best for the challenge!
Watch SocialBoat’s space for such insightful tips coming soon.